Friday, April 10, 2009

A Benefit for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society


And They Came Down from the Mountain and Stood in the Plain
4" x 6" heavy weight paper, stone hedge, 
digital image and drawing materials

This is taken from my sketchbook notes:
In the middle of my mom's cancer treatment about thanksgiving... 
I created this image... Just a portrait of the two of us and hidden symbols of hope....
The salmon sunflower in hat represents the absorption of pollutants. 
While the daisy field is the "day's eye", watching over the innocence and sometimes an attribute of the Virgin.  The numbers that landed on her sternum where my mom's tumor grew: 6:17 - it could be time or a bible entree or something else... 
I looked in the bible first under Luke as that is my brothers name... and it said:
 " and he came down with them, and stood in the plain, 
and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of  people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases;" 
I thought to myself ... oh how lucky we would be... if only...

Feb. 26th - last day of mom's radiation... they think they got it all... fingers crossed

This is a great example of an image created 
within the concept of the direct experience of being alive.


I have been asked to be apart of a collaborative community art show featuring local artists.  This show is to honor and celebrate our families, neighbors, and friends impacted by cancer.  All proceeds to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Please support the show if you can:
Friday May 1st, 2009
5 - 7 pm
Cozmic Pizza
199 W 8th Ave
Eugene, Oregon

For more information please contact:
wpollack@uoregon.edu

Thanks Whitney! amazing job...

No comments: